Wednesday 17 August 2011

Be the Change

So often I hear people complaining about them. You know them. Everyone does. Them doesn't care about you. Them doesn't support change. Them lose your paperwork, and them sure as hell don't accept your claim.

Well, I'm sick of hearing about them. I bet by now in the post, you're sick of hearing about them too.

The truth is, change is a grass roots movement. I can't think of a single time in history when the best changes were made from the top. Ordinary folk like us are the ones that call the shots. And I don't see why some people refuse to see that. Just take a glance at what is going on in the world right now.

As a young teacher, at the bottom of the education food chain, I still feel empowered. I refuse to let the man get me down. Or the woman, for that matter. In fact, I don't even believe in them. We're all here trying to make a positive difference. I change lives every day, and that's more than some people can say.

So, as 'the man' - used in a totally different sense -  once said:

"Be the change you want to see in the world."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com